Increasing Your ENGLISH LEARNERS' Grit, Growth Mindset, and Perseverance to Improve Learning
NEW Seminar Presented By
Outstanding Educator and National Speaker
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Students in Grades K-8: EL Teachers, Classroom Teachers Who Have EL Students, Paraprofessionals, Title I Staff, Instructional Specialists, Coaches, and Administrators
- The most effective practices to help your English Learner students achieve greater academic and social-emotional success by increasing grit, strengthening their growth mindset and developing perseverance
- Proven ideas to significantly increase academic achievement using the best social-emotional strategies while not increasing your workload
- Practical strategies and tools to significantly boost the literacy skills and confidence of EL students
- Receive an extensive digital EL Resource Handbook with dozens of strategies to increase grit, create a greater growth mindset, and strengthen perseverance in your EL students
If you are searching for new and innovative social-emotional and skill building strategies to accelerate literacy skills and enhance academic content instruction for your EL students, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this NEW seminar, award-winning EL teacher and national presenter on effective instruction for EL students Nicole Teyechea will share a wide variety of practical strategies for developing the academic English literacy of your EL students while simultaneously providing them greater access to grade-level content language. You’ll learn powerful tips to increase your EL students’ motivation, interest, stamina, perseverance, and academic achievement through embedded social-emotional strategies. You will also use a variety of strategies to develop a positive growth mindset through the purposeful practice of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and thinking within all the content areas. You will leave this seminar with an expanded toolbox of highly effective strategies to help you increase the social-emotional and academic success of your EL students and an extensive digital EL instruction resource handbook that will help you immediately implement them when you return to your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maintain High Expectations for EL Students and Strengthen Their Grit
Strategies to strengthen every EL students’ grit … Watch students’ confidence increase as their grit leads to greater vocabulary development and comprehension
- Utilize the Most Effective Growth Mindset Strategies for Teaching English Learners (EL)
Learn how to efficiently implement the most effective growth mindset, academic and social-emotional strategies to increase the literacy achievement of your EL students
- Create a Culture of Perseverance with Your EL Students
Learn valuable strategies to increase stamina, interest, motivation, and perseverance in your classroom
- Incorporate Rich Oral Language Development into Your Content Instruction and Beyond
Learn NEW ways to use oral language strategies to increase motivation, interest, and self-efficacy for students learning content and English simultaneously
- Boost Literacy Achievement for EL Students by Combining Powerful Strategies
Embed academic and social-emotional strategies into lessons to boost the achievement of your EL students
- Tap into Critical Thinking Skills With Your EL Students
Use a wide range of cognitive and social-emotional strategies for your EL students to develop deeper levels of understanding while accelerating English skills
- Increase Perseverance, Motivate Your EL Students and Increase Academic Learning
Engage your EL students with high-impact strategies that increase motivation, perseverance and increase time-on-task … You may be surprised at how simple they are to implement!
- Significantly Increase Academic Vocabulary and Oral Conversation
Learn practical, highly effective tools to significantly increase the integration of vocabulary and comprehension while building social-emotional skills
- Strengthen Your Students’ Perseverance and Build on Your Existing Academic Content
Learn easier ways to add or adapt to your existing instruction … Target the social emotional and academic skills your students really need
- Receive an Extensive Digital EL Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a detailed, digital EL resource handbook packed with innovative ideas and ready-to-use strategies for maximizing achievement and improving the grit, growth mindset and perseverance of your EL students
Here's what you'll learn:
- Proven ways to significantly improve English literacy to increase academic achievement using highly effective growth mindset, grit and perseverance strategies aligned with grade-level standards
- The most effective social-emotional strategies that will increase the achievement of your English Learners (EL)
- Innovative, high-impact strategies that strengthen grit, increase motivation and time-on-task
- Learn what “SKS” is, how it improves academic and social-emotional learning, and how it provides students opportunities to develop English literacy skills while learning grade-level content
- How you can embed social-emotional strategies to boost the literacy achievement of your EL students using proven strategies, scaffolding, and a positive growth mindset
- Proven ways to significantly increase growth mindset and student ownership using “TWRLS” for your EL students
- New social-emotional strategies for your existing EL instruction toolbox with a focus on building resilience and confidence for English learners
- A wealth of organizational strategies for your English learners to use immediately in your classroom and independently in the future
- How you can create a learning environment of “I can” and “I want to” with your EL students using the growth mindset research to enhance their expectations and resilience while developing academic English literacy
- Easy-to-implement, proven social-emotional strategies to more fully engage your English Learners
- Ways to increase academic achievement using a variety of metacognitive, cognitive, and social-emotional strategies
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
As an EL educator, I know I benefit most when learning is both practical and related to the specific needs of my EL students. As a learner, I know my most memorable and meaningful learning experiences came from teachers who understood the power of embedding social-emotional learning into our lessons. Grit, perseverance and a growth mindset are not automatic. These are important skills that need to be developed in all of our students but especially with our ELs as they face the added challenge of acquiring a new language.
It is my goal as a presenter to engage you in making learning meaningful and applicable to your life in the classroom working with EL students. I have found dozens of social-emotional strategies that work in engaging students and increasing their learning. In this seminar, you’ll have ample opportunities to build on and apply your existing strategies in a more effective way to increase English language skills and continue to build on grade-level learning opportunities to help close the achievement gap for your EL students. We will look at how the strengthening of grit and perseverance as well as the development of a growth mindset, sets your EL students up for academic success!
Throughout the seminar, I will share with you many proven ways you can teach grade-level content, embed social-emotional strategies, and develop English language skills simultaneously. We will spend our day learning about the most effective strategies that will increase the achievement of your English Learners (ELs) by strengthening their social-emotional skills.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and sharing with you many practical strategies and useful resources you will be able to use immediately in your own classroom. Join me to discover new social-emotional strategies for your existing EL instruction toolbox with a focus on building resilience and confidence for English learners.
Nicole Teyechea, PhD
P.S. You will also receive an extensive digital EL instruction resource handbook filled with numerous ideas and valuable, practical strategies to assist in helping increase the English literacy and academic content instruction of your EL students.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Students in Grades K-8: EL Teachers, Classroom Teachers Who Have EL Students, Paraprofessionals, Title I Staff, Instructional Specialists, Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
- Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during, and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies to increase motivation, stamina, a positive “I can” and “I want to” attitude, and perseverance while tapping into the interests of your students
- Step-by-step application of dozens of powerful grit, growth mindset and perseverance strategies to successfully use with your EL students
- Management and organizational tips to save time in planning for EL students
- Easy-to-implement adaptations to immediately enrich your teaching and close the achievement gap
- Ways to build confidence in planning for EL students to access grade-level content
- Consultation Available
Nicole Teyechea will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Graduate level professional development credit is available with an additional fee and completion of follow up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Massachusetts, will be available at the seminar.
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive
a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in
meeting continuing education requirements.
^ Back to Top